Time is Wasting

Whoa, it’s been a long time since I’ve put anything up here. Seems like the more I get done, the more there is to do. I know everyone has thought there needs to be more hours in the day to accomplish all those things we “need” to get done. But what’s been impressed upon me is; what do I do with the 24 hours I do have each day?


Oh how fast time passes us by as we read the news, answer our emails, check out what’s happening on Facebook or the like, making a simple poster, or updating a blog. All things that aren’t evil, but are time consuming and the whole time we do them, or a lot of the time as we do some pretty simple, ordinary basic things, we get frustrated and angry.

Part of my daily routine is to get the little inconvenient things out of the way while my coffee drips through, but those little inconveniences would sometimes require making a 6 gallon pot of coffee never mind 6 cups. Before I know it I’ve lost a good part of the morning and have accomplished little.

I watched a video of a young mother who was given 6 – 18 weeks to live, 42 – 126 days, not long at all, unless you’re waiting for Christmas. But she was making the most of every one of the days she had left by telling as many people as she could about the hope that she had in Jesus Christ even in the face of great sorrow and pain.

We so often think we have lots of time left and so we do stuff that literally wastes our lives away. We are here, in whatever place, job, position, or calling, to glorify our Great God and Saviour, Jesus Christ. How are you doing with that?

“I give thanks to you, O Lord my God, with my whole heart, and I will glorify your name forever.” – Psalm 86:12 ESV